The notebook

Pentru că m-am enervat de prima oară văzând traducerea titlului pe care au făcut-o românii la această carte, respectiv Jurnalul unei iubiri, am decis să o citesc în limba engleză. Așadar recenzia în limba engleză.

Have you ever seen "The notebook"? It's a movie about a impossible love between a rich girl and a poor boy. Sounds like a soap-opera? It isn't. I love Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams! Their kiss in the rain (you don't know it? Youtube-it!) received MTV Best Kiss Award in 2005. I love that scene...it's so heartbreaking and also passionate.

Set in the 1920s in North Carolina, The Notebook tells a story of young love. Noah and Allie fall for each other one summer, but they come from different worlds where their love is forbidden.

After a 14-year separation, Allie sees the newspaper ad of a young man with a house for sale. She decides to visit him, not knowing why he returned. Noah is shocked but pleased by her visit and welcomes her into his house. After they spend a couple days together, their feelings emerge and they must make some difficult decisions.

Author Nicholas Sparks focuses on the themes of love and choices. As Noah tries to regain what he and Allie once had, she struggles with telling him she’s engaged. But she begins to realize that her feelings for Noah never died.

When her trip ends, Allie must decide whom she loves. “Can you really leave without looking back?” Noah asks. “I don’t know. Probably not,” she replies. With tears running down her face she finally chooses.


The Notebook is a classic tale of love lost and regained after many years, and is a truly romantic and touching story. This is an amazing book that captures your attention and keeps you guessing what will happen next. You will never want to put it down.


I'm so crazy about this film that i read the book (The notebook - Nicholas Sparks) and extract quotes.

"I am a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me this has always been enough".


"We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory".

"You are the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have."

"I can't live my life happily knowing you're with someone else. That would kill a part of me. What we have is rare. It's too beautiful to just throw it away".

"She wanted something more. Passion and romance, perhaps, or quiet conversations in candlelit rooms, or perhaps something as simple as not being second".

Buy The notebook from here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

I know you love me...